I love Mexican Fish Tacos. Here, I am sharing easy Fish Tacos which I made for simple yet hearty weekend meal. Light, healthy and made in a jiffy. I made them with left over Rotis (Indian bread). You can choose store bought corn tortillas as well.
Tilapia fish fillets marinated in red chili powder, turmeric, loads of garlic, coriander leaves and little lime juice.
Guac mayo was creamy and delicious. Made with Avocado, Olive oil, lime juice, mustard paste, lemon, honey and little salt & pepper.
Easy salad with Purple and green cabbage, red onions dressed with Guac Mayo.
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Guac Mayo
Tilapia fillets: 3, cut to half (Can use any white fish like cod)
Garlic cloves: 5-6, minced finely
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp (As required)
Lime juice: 1 tbsp
Oil: to pan fry
For Guac Mayo:
Avocado: 1 Large, pitted
Lime Juice: 1 tbsp
Mustard Powder/Paste: 1 tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1/2 cup
Honey/Sugar: 1 tsp
Pepper Powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
For Cabbbage Slaw:
Purple Cabbage: 1 cup, shredded
Green Cabbage: 1 cup, shredded
Red Onions: 1/2, sliced finely
Jalapenos: As required, chopped finely
Guac Mayo: 2 tbsp
Salt: As required
Whole Wheat Rotis or Corn Tortillas
- Marinate the fish fillets with red chili, garlic, turmeric, chopped coriander leaves, salt and lime juice.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add oil until it covers the bottom and pan fry the fish fillets until done and edges crisp up. Tilapia just takes 3-4 minutes to be done.
- Make guac mayo by mixing all the ingredients in blender until oil is well mixed with avocado and is creamy.
- For slaw mix, cabbage shreds, red onion and jalapenos. Add little guac mayo before serving and mix well.
- Serve warm tortillas, fresh slaw and fish fillets with extra guac mayo.